ENGAGEMENT SHOOT: PREP & GUIDELINES
When you’re prepping for your engagement session, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Your engagement session is your chance to get to know me, get comfortable with how I work and have FUN in front of the camera. It’s so helpful to have a great engagement session before the big day so that you know what to expect!
- Plan and Style your engagement shoot around who you are as a couple.
- Try finding a location that is special and unique to you.
- Create a Pinterest engagement board of images, clothing and location ideas.
- Be sure to stick to choose a single, consistent theme.
- Bring some meaningful items and incorporate them in the shoot, (the Ring for example).
The BEST advise I can give about outfit selection would be to try to COORDINATE instead of matching. Try to stay away from really tiny patterns, they wont show up in your images. Also, bold jewellery, scarves, and colored shoes photograph really well! Make sure you look like YOU and feel comfortable!
- Dress in something stylish, comfortable and complementary.
- Make an effort. Buy an outfit. Hire a stylist if you aren’t very creative.
- Choose clothing that you are both comfortable in.
- Select clothing which complements the other’s look too.
- Make sure your clothing complements your chosen location.
- Always use a professional hair and makeup artist.
Don’t worry about the way you will look in the images – that’s my job as the photographer.